Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Good Morning Dec 8, 2021 - After the Rain

Good morning. Everything is wet from last night’s rain, but the clouds in the east were still to thick for much sunrise color. Old Sol peeked through for a few seconds shortly after sunrise and quickly disappeared. Everything smells fresh, we were so overdue for some moisture. The grackles were flying by overhead and a couple of collared forces were cooing and posturing to each other in the pine tree. The hummingbirds were busily chasing each other as well. I picked the lemons off the lowest branches so I could trim those off. I left a few on the upper branches but will definitely pick the rest soon. If I can’t use them all right away I will slice and freeze them for my ice water in the summer. The pomegranate tree is finally losing its leaves, the cape honeysuckles are still putting out a few blooms, and the neighbor has a small pink oleander blooming away. Overall a very refreshing morning, and perfect for another pot of soup. Think I’ll get that started. 
Happy Wednesday!-Michele



Memory Post-My world in reflection 7 years ago. 




No comments:

Post a Comment