Saturday, December 11, 2021

Good Morning Dec 11, 2021- Brrrrrrrr and even some Ice

Brrrrrr! Good morning. It’s cold out there today. 34f when I stepped out and now 32f. Funny how the temp always dips a degree or two right after the sun comes up. No color, most of the clouds were to the west and if they had color I missed it. The hibiscus survived the night and opened, but I think I’d better prune and cover it today just in case. Another smaller flock of starlings flew by, and all the little birds are mobbing the feeders now that the sun is up. Too chilly to sit outside until I’ve had some coffee so I think I’ll do that now. Did I say brrrrrr already? Happy Saturday.
I think this morning deserves a second post. I went back out to fill a couple more feeders and noticed one of the birdbaths had a thin sheet of ice on it. The little birds were all hanging out waiting for the feeder refills, some of them quite close, and Blackey was huddled up against the neighbor’s far wall, looking quite cold as if he was waiting for the sun to hit the wall, but a layer of clouds had moved in to dim those early morning rays. I do so love the mornings even when the temp drops like this. Enjoy your Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment