Friday, December 10, 2021

Good Morning Dec 10, 2021-Birds and Cold Fingers

Good morning. A very chilly 45F this morning too, with a slight wind. It snowed in the mountains last night, and it rained a little here in the valley, but it was clear this morning. I was so surprised to see this hibiscus bloom this morning in these cold temps. After this bloom I’ll need to prune them back and cover them for the rest of winter, but what a cheery surprise to see this morning. Lots of little birds about too hogging the feeders, mostly house finches and lesser goldfinches, and that large group of starlings that flew by. I haven’t seen those numbers of starlings here in awhile. Yesterday’s storm brought down a lot more leaves from the trees, but there are still a lot hanging on. Well my finger tips are getting cold now, back inside with me for awhile. Happy Friday! - Michele
A lesser goldfinch at the patio birdbath this morning. 
I saw a large group of starling fly over. We rarely get them here in these numbers. 
Lots of hungry birdies this morning, mostly housefinches.


Memory post from 3 years ago. These two toned speckled poinsettias 
are my favorites, but I haven’t found any this year thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment