Monday, December 13, 2021

Good Morning Dec 13, 2021-Birds and Fur Faces

Good morning. Another cold one with ice on the bird baths, and these temps are turning the leaves further. I thought there would be more clouds, but still there was a little color before sunrise. Just me and a fellow bird watcher / stalker checking things out. I filled the feeders and the fur-face went to the patio wall and then over and down the street. Now that the sun is up ( and the cat gone) I can see the finches and goldfinches arriving. Man that coffee tastes so good on cold mornings. Time for me to get going and get ready for a morning appointment, but first just a few more leisurely sips. Happy Monday. - Michele

A recent raptor visit. I think this was the sharp shinned hawk. It attempted a kill off that red feeder and ended up in the chaste tree shrub by the wall. It then flew up into the mulberry tree . Handsome little hawk. It’s been around quite a bit lately.


I finally managed to get an image of a ruby crowned kinglet at the fountain this afternoon. In the first image you can just make out the hint of red on the top of its head. That gives it its name. This red is a small crest which is more prominent in mating season. 
Funny little odd shaped birds. 
I only see them here in winter.
The green eyed kitty on the patio wall just outside the kitchen window yesterday morning. The window is tinted so he can’t see me inside, and when I lightly tapped on the glass he looked intently in my direction. Hoping to find birds coming to visit the patio fountains no doubt. 
He was out there again this morning too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment