Sunday, December 12, 2021

Good Morning Dec 12, 2021-Cold and the Last Hibiscus

Good morning. Another chilly morning here. My weather ap said 34F before sunrise, but my outdoor thermometer said 31F . The weather app also said it was clear, but I got up anyway to check the sunrise horizon and found there were just enough clouds to give a bit of color. Lovely. There was ice on the birdbaths again. I filled the feeders and made my coffee and am now sitting inside watching the birds through the kitchen window. The hummingbirds are doing aerial battles around their feeders and the little songbirds are mobbing their feeders, hungry after their night’s fast. I think my hibiscus plants survived the night under their protective bags, and the last bloom I had cut yesterday and put in water in the kitchen window had opened up all the way giving me a cheery greeting this morning. The lemon tree also looks good. I think if temps dip into the low 20s I’ll need to cover it. Desert gardening is so different, but there are many rewards. Okay time to give my husband some attention for some morning conversation. Happy Sunday. - Michele



Lesser House-finches waiting for me to fill the feeders 

The last hibiscus bloom I cut and put in the kitchen window after pruning and covering the plant to protect it from freezing. It had fully opened this morning giving me a cheery greeting.
Last night's sunset was very pretty too, and I finally got our little tree decorated.


Memory Post:  Christmas time 1988 aboard a very special cruise ship. 
I was so young!

You might enjoy this video from Italy. I really need to find some of those huge terra cotta pots for my citrus trees. Beautiful villa and that dining room is to die for! 


No comments:

Post a Comment