Monday, December 6, 2021

Good Morning Dec 6, 2021-A Wash of Pre-Sunrise color

Good morning. we had a rosy colored pre-sunrise sky this morning. Chilly for me at 48f again, but I know that’s actually fairly mild for the season. The hummingbirds are the first up as usual, and the pigeons and grackles are just arriving on the rooftops. No songbirds yet, but the feeders are full and ready. I did see the hawk attempt a kill yesterday so I suspect between it and the kitties, they are the reason the birds have been hesitant and somewhat scarce of late. I got a few shots of the hawk, and hope to download them today. 
Happy Monday.- Michele.


It took me awhile to learn when to watch for the best sunrise and sunset color here. This is also the first place we’ve lived in a long time where I had the time to watch the sky, and a place where I can see quite a bit of it and see the horizon for sunrises. The first photo here is about 31 minutes before the actual sunrise over the mountains and the second is about 22 minutes before. So there are 10 or 11 minutes between them. It also depends on the clouds and where they are. It’s easy to miss the best color if you don’t just wait and watch to see what happens, but here it’s always before actual sunrise. For sunsets here, it’s similar. The best color is often after the sun has slipped below the horizon shooting the sun’s rays across the bottom of the clouds. I use my weather ap to see when actual sunrise is scheduled to be each day. Sunsets are more visible in summer from our house, but I love these fall and winter sunrises.
Cheeky rascal. The green eyed kitty up on the patio wall just now hoping for some
 bird traffic. Because of the window tinting he/she can’t see me inside.
I found another fading rose, and the pomegranate leaves are now bright yellow 
on the upper half of the tree. Can’t wait to give this monster a good prune.

No comments:

Post a Comment