Thursday, December 16, 2021

Good Morning Dec 16, 2021 - I Missed It

Good morning. Well I missed the sunrise and stayed in bed longer. The weather ap said no clouds and it lied again, but the bed felt too good anyway under the down covers with my book. It was 32f for a few minutes and is currently 36f so quite cold for me. I just missed a good shot of a male costas hummingbird when I went out to fill the feeders. There have been a couple of them around the quite regularly lately giving the male Anna’s hummingbird a lot of extra work guarding the feeders. They aren’t very intimidated though and keep coming right back for more. Looks like I have sunflower seeds that the birds have dropped sprouting in some of the posts again. I’ll leave them there and hopefully have some more color in the spring. I might pick those lemons too, and freeze them for summer drinks. Or maybe leave that till after Christmas. The finches and sparrows are all arriving again. They hung out in the treetops while I was out filling the feeders. And a female hummingbird is hiding in the patio from the males. Lots going on out there while I sip my coffee and hear the rest of the house waking up. Happy Thursday! - Michele
Memory Post: Sunrise here on this day 9 years ago. 
Memory Post: 
 This was our first time up Lee Canyon and seeing Mummy Mountain 
up close after we moved here almost 11 years ago. 
Such a picturesque mountain with ever changing 
views and multiple peaks
Memory Post: Bristlecone Pines and the Sisters Peaks in the local mountains. 

from 2016 -4 years ago, doing so much better now, 
but the sentiment still stands. The holidays can be difficult for many.

No comments:

Post a Comment