Saturday, December 18, 2021

Good Morning Dec 18, 2021- And then the Hawk Arrived

Good morning! Cold and clear again at 36f (2c), and no clouds at all. I turned the oven on to pre-heat because I think I’ll roast some vegetables for a salad today. Helps make the kitchen feel cozy too. The little birds were waiting for me in the tree tops, and my hummingbirds were busy feeding up. There were also a lot of mourning doves waiting on the wall. I was just thinking I’ve not seen a kestrel in ages. Last winter I saw one almost daily, but not this year. I wonder if they compete for territory with at hawk that’s been hanging around. And there are more kitties coming through the yard this year as well. One week to Christmas. Are you ready? I nearly am. Just a few more things to wrap. 
Happy Saturday!- Michele
Look who is back in the patio olive tree above me just now. 
That's why the other birds are all gone again, 
except for the hummingbirds, this guy doesn’t bother them.
This guy has been hanging around for quite some time now. 
It stalks my birdfeeders and hides in this olive tree to look for the
 best opportunity to strike on the other side of the yard. 
This is an iphone video
The little birds this morning before the hawk showed up.
Memory Post: Visiting the local mountains on this day 7 years ago.
Christmas Cheer

No comments:

Post a Comment