Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Good Morning Dec 29, 2021- Brrrrrr Again!

Good morning. It was cold and clear at sunrise this morning. 32F (0C). I did sit out for a bit and watch the birds. The white crowned sparrows were back and singing sweetly. I also saw the first adult male yellow rumped warbler, and a lone female / juvenile red winged blackbird, as well as a single starling that visited one of our palm trees. Add to that a few juncos and the usual suspects of hummingbirds, house finches, house sparrows, lesser goldfinches, and a kitty cat or two. It was all going well until someone decided to fire up a chainsaw and trim a tree. I picked a few more lemons and noticed there are still a ton of olives on one of the trees.The birds all left and then I went back into the warmth of the house to wait out the noisy chainsaw wielding tree trimmer. Another cup of coffee, and an update to my day's battleplan and one day soon, I might even find some time to download some more recent bird photos. Meanwhile, 3 more days left to the year. 
Happy Wednesday! - Michele
 The dominant male Costa's hummingbird yesterday


No comments:

Post a Comment