Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Good Morning Dec 22, 2021- Another Pretty Sunrise &Snowy Memories

Good morning. More pre sunrise color again today, and this progression lasted nearly 25 minutes compared to yesterday’s 6 minute display. I hope I’m not boring you with all these sunrises. Our best ones are in fall and winter and I certainly enjoy them a lot. Colder again this morning. 31f when I first woke up and 37f when I went outside. I noticed a lot of early flights taking off too. Must be a lot of Christmas travelers. This town usually goes a little quiet over Christmas, then gets very busy for New Years, but with the current scene it’s hard to tell what our tourism will be like. But I digress. The little birds are starting to arrive, and that little Costas hummingbird is definitely now the dominant male over the patio feeders. The Anna’s hummingbird has been sticking mostly to the feeders at the other end of the yard. Guess they have sorted out their territories for now. I still have a few more presents to wrap then it’s on to more cooking. I need to make some egg muffins for Christmas morning, and pull out the turkey to thaw in the fridge. Oops something just scared the little birds off again, probably a cat, and now the neighbor’s dogs are barking up a storm. Oh, I just heard a goose! Sounds like a Canada goose has landed in a yard. I can’t see it from here but I can certainly hear it. No wonder the dogs are barking. Time for me to get moving too. 3 days to Christmas. 
Happy Wednesday! - Michele
Unfortunately the Collage maker I usually use crashed after I updated my phone last night. So The quality of images isn't the best using screen shots from Facebook.  Sigh


Before the color got brighter

Memory Post: 
fond memories of a white Christmas in Colorado 10 years ago. 
That’s the year we drove through the Rocky Mountains at night 
in a blizzard. Not fun but it sure was beautiful the next morning.

Dave, me, Bryan and Emily outside Bryan and Emily's apartment
 (Bob of course took the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment