Sunday, November 7, 2021

Good Morning, Nov 7, 2021

Good morning. Did my fellow USA friends change their clocks back? I did, but my body is used to waking before sunrise, so up I was. I’ve noticed that though my phone acknowledged the time correctly, the weather app on it didn’t. It should have shown sunrise as just after 6 here but still shows it as just after 7. Oh well, definitely 1st world challenges. Well the hawk was out hunting again this morning, keeping the little birds away again. I saw it make a few attempts but still no shots of it. I have respect for such a hard working raptor. Such is the way of nature. The grackles were doing their display on the rooftop again, and just now I can hear some of the songbirds arriving cautiously and checking things out from the treetops. House finches, lesser goldfinches, and house sparrows so far. As the sun warms everything, more will arrive, but I was also surprised to see a couple of butterflies in the chill morning air. And also surprised to see another lone blossom on the Arabian jasmine, perhaps with these mild temps, that’s caused it and the red yucca to bloom now in the fall. Even one of the palm trees has a fresh bloom stalk. There is a slight chilly breeze from the northwest, otherwise it’s a beautiful temperate morning. I just saw the black and white kitty on the upper wall and a large butterfly checking out the lantana again. Time for a coffee refill now I think. 
Happy Sunday.- Michele
Last Night's New Moon and Sunset Sky 
The new moon looking west just over the trees last night
More of last night's sky

No comments:

Post a Comment