Friday, November 26, 2021

Good Morning Nov 26, 2021- Soup Stock & Lemons

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I got the soup stock on  this morning to simmer with the turkey carcass. I was going to do it last night but was just too tired and enjoying relaxing. I’ll let this simmer all day, then strain and jar it. Tomorrow I will make some soup with it and some of the leftover turkey. It was chilly this morning 41-43F. I went and picked one of the lemons, wow does it smell great! And quite strong. Such a small tree and so many lemons. Lots of little birds out today too. Lesser goldfinches, juncos, white crowned sparrows, Costas hummingbirds, house sparrows, house finches, and a couple of flickers so far. It’s still cold at 48F, and almost 9am. Today’s high will be 62. Well I just saw the hawk fly over as I type this. I wondered what got the birds to all fly off. Time to go back inside and warm up a bit. 
Happy Friday! - Michele

Bone Broth Simmering

A lesser Goldfinch this morning at the patio birdbath


No comments:

Post a Comment