Friday, November 5, 2021

Good Morning Nov 5, 2021

Good morning. A late start again for me. There was a hawk on the other side of the mulberry tree keeping the other birds away. I couldn’t get a clear look at it buried in the leaves but it was either a Coopers or a sharp-shinned. So I decided to spend some time inside and download a few shots from yesterday to mix with a few iPhone shots today. The helicopter is from 3 days ago, I had not seen one for awhile. Before the hawk came, we had the usual chorus of grackles on the rooftop, house-finches, sparrows and lesser goldfinches. The morning has been clear and mild again. It’s currently 61f at 9AM. I’m back outside and I see the little birds are arriving again, so the hawk must have left. They always know. Time for my 2nd cup of coffee I think. 
Happy Friday. - Michele 
Male grackles making a bunch of noise on the neighbors' rooftop
A male house-finch in the chaste tree 
a black-hawk helicopter from the local airbase
A yellow rumped warbler at the patio fountain this morning. 
Lesser goldfinches and a house-finch yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment