Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Good Morning Nov 24, 2021-Happy Thanksgiving Eve.

Good morning. The sun is up and there were just enough clouds on the eastern horizon to give a bit of color. Chilly but not super cold at 54 degrees, and some of the little birds have stopped by then flown off already. I haven’t seen the hawk yet, but I’ll bet it’s around. I have seen a few of the neighborhood kitties stroll by, and no doubt a few are lurking around nearby. The Grand Canyon helicopter tours are already flying over quite early. Noisy but it’s always a sign of tourism business for our town so I’ll take it. The grackles are squealing on the rooftops again too, and Mr Anna’s hummingbird has already chased off at least 3 intruders so far. Time for more coffee and for me to get busy. I have some business to conclude then on to more Thanksgiving preps. I'm also sharing a few recent bird photos. 
Happy Wednesday, and Happy Thanksgiving Eve! - Michele


I spotted one of my songbird deterrents in the olive tree over the patio 
yesterday morning. I think it’s a sharp shinned hawk.
A yellow rumped warbler through the window yesterday afternoon.
A couple of recent northern flicker photos, red shafted.
A female then a male. Up on our backyard palm trees.
Lesser Goldfinches through the window yesterday. 

Memory Post
On this day 8 years ago, our desert wore a robe of white

No comments:

Post a Comment