Saturday, November 6, 2021

Good Morning Nov 6, 2021

Good morning. Clear and cool in the low 50s again. I just saw the hawk swoop through the yard, it’s definitely a young coopers hawk. No photo, didn’t have the camera ready. So now mostly hummingbirds and grackles singing on the roof. I can see a few finches and goldfinches buried deep in the chaste tree and hear a dove in the distance. The hawk might be gone but the birds will be wary for awhile, except the hummingbirds who are fearless and the hawk is not interested in them. They are still enjoying the red yucca and cape honeysuckle blossoms. The time change is tonight so I’ll have to get used to getting up “earlier” to catch the sunrises. I hate this time change thing, does anyone really like it? Well we have a morning appointment to get ready for. Happy Saturday. Update, well the hawk made a kill. I just saw it carry off a small bird, so it will be back again for certain. - Michele

I was also surprised to see one of the small lizards yesterday. They will soon be hibernating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment