Saturday, November 13, 2021

Good Morning, Nov 13, 2021. Frustrated Mourning Doves & Other Things

Good morning. Up at 6:00 this morning. That’s a bit better. Mostly mourning doves and finches this morning, and also this sweet little female hummingbird dropped by, until the bully male Anna’s hummingbird chased her off. I think the female was a Costa's. There were also still several bees around at the bird baths, and I watched this one chew away at the end of the aloe Vera plant. I’d not seen that before. Must be a good source of water and carbs. It was cooler today in the low 50s F, but the high is supposed to be 81, warm for Nov here. Lots to do today, so I better get cracking. 
Happy Saturday. - Michele
My tiny visitor this morning. Looks like a female Costas hummingbird
Mourning doves on top of those feeder poles this morning. They really wanted to figure out how to get at that thistle sack and sunflower chip feeder, but they couldn’t. They flew at them several times. I haven’t figured out a way to feed the doves without also getting a swarm of pigeons.


No comments:

Post a Comment