Sunday, November 14, 2021

Good Morning Nov 14, 2021-An Early Morning and Recent Birds and Butterflies.

Good morning. Well I wanted to get up earlier, but 4:45 is too much. I’m still calibrating my body to the time change. I’m up though, so I started some early cooking preps for a gathering of friends this evening. It’s chilly this morning. 55f but more moisture in the air making it feel a bit cooler. The birds were still waking up except the hummingbirds which are always active early, even before dawn. Clear skies and a forecast for a high of 81f . It’s unseasonably warm for mid November here. Looking forward to some cold soon, so I can do some more pruning and trimming. Happy Sunday. - Michele
A few recent visitors 
This morning
Mr Anna's Hummingbird this morning
I'm told this is a Western Pygmy Blue Butterfly I chased around in the 
yard yesterday. It was tiny, about 1/2 and inch across. 
Recent shots of our dominant male Anna's Hummingbird. Hes a bully that 
chases the others away.  
Two male Anna’s hummingbirds at the top of the big mulberry tree. 
They were doing a bit of a stand off. I don’t get male hummingbirds 
hanging out in the same place very often.
And I caught a very brief glimpse of a male Costas hummingbird 2 days ago.
A dark eyed junco, a male great tailed grackle
2 lesser goldfinches, and a house sparrow
There’s a hawk up in that mulberry tree. This is the raptor I saw take a
 house finch the other day. I’ve seen it several times, but haven’t been 
able to get a clear look or photo of it. I think it might be a sharp-shinned,
 not a Cooper’s, but I’m not certain. A very deft hunter at any rate. 
This is from a few days ago.
And a memory post- the evening sky on this day 8 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment