Sunday, October 31, 2021

Good Morning Oct 31, and Happy Halloween!

Good morning, and Happy Halloween . We had a little sunrise color this morning just above the mountains. The grackles have been roosting and squealing again. That’s some of them on top of the neighbor’s pine tree in the first photo. Speaking of Halloween vibes, I left the back door open while I went out front to shoot the sunrise  and came back in to find Blackey the black cat exploring the front hallway. He sort of looked at me then took off quick back out the back door. He’s not our cat  and it’s been awhile since I’ve seen him sneak in. I’m fond of cats especially black ones. The weather is quite mild this morning. Only 62f at sunrise, and will be only in the early 70s for trick or treaters this evening. I do hope we get them, I enjoy seeing all the kids. Happy Sunday! -Michele

The moon before sunrise

Here are a few other recent shots around the yard

I stepped out the door  a few evenings ago and found the green eyed kitty hiding in the chaste tree. Took several photos as it skulked around the yard. Pretty kitty. I took several more shots of him/her as it skulked around the yard.


Here are some photos of the latest 
monarch butterfly visitor a couple of days ago.

I was fascinated by this yellow bee a few days ago. It looks like a type of bumble bee🐝 and it was the size of one. We rarely get bumblebees here , mostly carpenter bees which are slightly larger. It’s a pretty thing, I’ll have to research what it is. This was the only time I saw it  or one like it.

I also had a Painted lady butterfly in the yard a few days ago.
Mr. Anna's Hummingbird  yesterday morning. 
A Red shafted northern flicker on our palm tree yesterday. Looks like a male.
A white-crowned sparrow going after the suet. 
Last night's sunset sky had some color

Okay, a quick video of this morning's pre-sunrise color


No comments:

Post a Comment