Saturday, October 30, 2021

Good Morning, October 30, 2021

Good morning. Clear skies again, and no wind, and a mild 55f at sunrise. The birds come and go, something is definitely scaring them off more, I did see a kestrel dive through the yard twice yesterday afternoon. I seem to have another pomegranate tree sprouting up next to the bottlebrush bush. Hmmm. Since my large tree has never produced fruit, I wonder how that has happened. Now to decide what to do with it. Leave it or keep it or try to move it. This yard was so barren when we moved here, amazing what happens when you add a few plants and start watering a little, things just start appearing. I don’t mind a little unplanned wildness, and I suppose the birds could be bringing in a few seeds as well. I’ve put a new feeder up with shelled sunflower chips, it looks like both the finches and lesser goldfinches like them. Oh, something just scattered all the doves and little birds again. I definitely have a predator somewhere near. Time to get busy, maybe even find time to download some bird and butterfly photos. We shall see.  Happy Saturday. - Michele

Looks like a young pomegranate tree. A mystery sprout.


No comments:

Post a Comment