Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Good Morning October 26, 2021

Good morning. It rained last night but this morning dawned clear and cold. Still only 58f at 9AM. The cats have been keeping the birds away from the feeders, I chased both Blacky and the green eyed kitty away this morning. Last night when I went out to fill the birdbaths, I startled the green eyed kitty who was hiding down behind the growth. She must have jumped 3 feet straight up and knocked over one of the aloe vera pots in the process. She quite startled me as well. I might have to mix things up a bit and move the feeders around to give the birds a better chance. Blacky likes to hide on the wall behind the pomegranate tree so when we prune that we will see what happens. The mulberry tree leaves are getting quite yellow, so nights are definitely getting colder. I was surprised to see bees working the honeysuckle in these temps and the texas red yucca blooming again. There were lots of hummingbird chases and battles to watch, they were there before sunup, and nothing keeps them away. Time for me to head back inside and get some work done. Happy Tuesday! -Michele





No comments:

Post a Comment