Monday, January 3, 2022

Good Morning Jan 3, 2022. Another Cold One, and a visit from the Hawk

Brrrr, good morning.  Its great to see so many snow photos from friends this morning. No snow for us here but another cold one at 29F and the bird baths were frozen again. The clouds were too far west to give any sunrise color, and the little birds have been very skittish again this morning so there must be a predator about somewhere. Our internet is down again so I have another project on hold till it’s back up. Lots to do so I’ll get onto other things, but first coffee. Happy Monday. - Michele
House Finches and Lesser Goldfinches at the feeder then a sudden exit
I think I found what has kept the feeders mostly empty this morning. 
This hawk was up there for a good two hours, and left just now.
 I’d been watching it through the window. What’s interesting is the pigeons,
 doves, and songbirds seemed fairly unconcerned with it being there. 
The pigeons stayed on the rooftops, a dove was cooing nearby, 
and the little songbirds would sometimes land above it in the treetop. 
I’d not seen that before. Perhaps they knew it had recently fed or something. 
Anyway, it was a pleasure to watch him up there preening and watching. 
I think it was a sharp shinned hawk again. I got some shots with the
 bigger camera that I’ll download soon.
Memory post: on this day 11 years ago it snowed in Las Vegas
 on the west side of town where we lived at that time

No comments:

Post a Comment