Saturday, January 1, 2022

Good Morning Jan 1, 2022- and Happy New Year!

Good morning. Happy First Day of the New Year. The day dawned, cold, clear and windy here. Brrrrr again! In fact the wind blew much of the evening and night last night. I assume fireworks went off as planned. I certainly heard plenty of them in the neighborhood. This morning the hummingbirds were buzzing before sun up as usual, including this little female at the feeder. The house sparrows were next to arrive out at the millet feeder, soon followed by the house finches at the sun chip feeder and the ground scavenging pigeons. Just now some thing has sent them all a fluttering again, but I’m sure they will be back. Ahhh , I see the sparrows returning already. That wind makes it a bit too much for me to sit outside very long for any bird watching. I think I’ll tuck back inside and warm up again with some coffee and heat. Today I’ll take down our little Christmas tree, and get some cleaning and organizing done, and perhaps another pot of soup for this cold day. 
Happy Saturday, and again, Happy New Year! - Michele
Female Hummingbird at the patio feeder this morning. 
Pretty and snowy scenery at my brother's house in northern Arizona this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment