Tuesday, February 17, 2015

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

As of February 19th it will be the "Year of the Sheep" or the Ram, or the Goat depending on where you look it up.

When I was a girl in Hawaii, it was one of the most magical celebrations of the year! Dragon dances, red banners and ribbons everywhere, firecrackers, and food. Oh the Food!! It was always a good time.

I now live in the American Southwest, in Las Vegas, Nevada which is known to Hawaiian's as "The 9th Island". That's another story, but Las Vegas has the largest population of Hawaiians outside of Hawaii. It is also a popular destination for many of Chinese descent.  So, in honor of  my present location I've given you an image of a watercolor painting I did of Nevada's state animal, the Desert Bighorn Sheep.

Happy New Year my friends!! Xin Nian Kuai Le ! Gong Xi Fa Cai. 
-Michele


No comments:

Post a Comment