Sunday, November 1, 2015

WHAT HAVE WE GOT ON THE SPACECRAFT THAT'S GOOD?

A Challenge from me:
One of my absolute favorite movies of all time is "Apollo 13". I guess because its a story of absolutely overwhelming odds against survival that are overcome by those involved, to a positive and life preserving end. One of my favorite lines in this movie is when Gene Krantz, (played by Ed Harris) says "Can we review our status here, Sy, let's look at these things from a... from a standpoint of status. What have we got on that spacecraft that's good?"

WHAT HAVE WE GOT ON THE SPACECRAFT THAT'S GOOD? That line often runs though my head when I see too much bad news here on the Internet and elsewhere. It has sort of become a mantra now. "What have we got on the spacecraft that's good?" My 2nd favorite line from this movie is when Jim Lovell (played by Tom Hanks) says to his 2 fellow astronauts, "Gentlemen, what are your intentions?" It is another great line that rings in my ears whenever I see too much bad news or questionable data. I don't just question others on these things, I side-check myself as well.
Our beautiful green blue ball is much like a spacecraft that we all share. Its fun to look at photos of Mars, but really for these earth bodies of ours right now, Earth is the best option. I mean, we're ARE sort of on this spacecraft together sharing space and life support. I have been to many parts of our beautiful planet, and have found beautiful things and beautiful people everywhere I went, of all cultures and creeds. Yes, there are many overwhelming things happening here and there, but especially as we go into this Season of Good Will, Let's continue to look for and find "What have we got on the spacecraft that's good?", and when only the bad seems to be presented, ask "Gentlemen, what are your intentions?" We get what we put our attention on, so let's try to strengthen and accentuate the positive and minimize the negative, and I will try to do the same. 

So, with that said, please share in your comments below, 
WHAT HAVE WE GOT ON THE SPACECRAFT THAT'S GOOD? Note: Only Positive comments allowed.
Please feel free to share this challenge, and let more good news into your life.
-Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment