Tuesday, September 8, 2015

"ON THE LOOKOUT" Watercolor by M.A. Ross

"On the Lookout" Watercolor, decolorized
I recently developed an interest in ravens and crows. Perhaps
it is because autumn is fast approaching here. Fall is my favorite
season. It means cooler temperatures, fresh apples and apple cider,
beautiful foliage, and trips to the pumpkin patch.

Ravens are intriguing birds, and one of the smartest. Poe sort of
gave them a bad rap in his famous poem. Since studying them, I've
become rather enamored.

I cheated with this image. I painted the watercolor, then when I
was checking the values in my photo editor, I decided I like this
monochrome image the best. I might show the color painting later, and this one will also be listed as a print soon.
Meanwhile, I've had fun getting to know these giant intellects of the avian world. - Michele

"On the Lookout" - Watercolor on Strathmore cold pressed rag, then de-colorized in Photo Editor.

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    Lors de ma dernière promenade, j'ai remarqué un certain nombre de corbeaux dans la campagne. Est-ce un signe que l'hiver sera froid ?!... Mon grand-père disait cela.
    J'aime beaucoup votre aquarelle. Ce corbeau trône majestueusement. C'est intéressant de laisser son imagination aller en lui attribuant les couleurs !
    J'ai hâte de voir votre oeuvre en couleurs.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je ne l'ai jamais entendu ce propos les corbeaux et l'hiver. Peut-être que oui. Je vis dans le désert et nous salue l'autum et l'hiver pour apporter des températures plus fraîches. Je vous remercie de vos aimables paroles au sujet de mes aquarelles. Je l'espère pour poster le corbeau de couleur bientôt.
      Tous les meilleurs, Michele

      Delete