Sunday, September 8, 2013

THE PLUMERIA IN THE DESERT -Part II.....

Michele Ross fine Artist

    Let's see, where were we? Oh yes ZION!
Zion National Park is a mere 2 - 2.5 hours away from Las Vegas. To say it is majestic and inspiring simply does not do the place justice. I have note yet fully explored this park, but the little of it that I've seen thus far is simply amazing. The photo below was taken as we drove up the canyon towards the tunnel to the high country.
It simply takes your breath away!
When you enter Zion from the West as we did from Las Vegas, you go through the valley and then climb up the slopes, and then enter a tunnel that takes you straight through the mountain where you come out high among the domes and peaks of the high country. The sandstone has unique layers and ribbons of strata in the area. There's nothing else quite like it and I look forward to painting Zion's beauty many times over.

So yes, I am painting again, and I'm finally painting the desert and mountains of my new home in the US South West! This plumeria in the desert has finally discovered her desert feet and beauty, stay tuned for more discoveries and paintings as my brushes are just getting warmed up!


No comments:

Post a Comment